Friday, August 06, 2004

LL Cool J-oeflyy

What up. Though the title of this post is far from a possible nickname for me, I thought it would be an entertaining name, since an LL Cool J track from the eighties is now playing in my hotel room. Weird, huh? I just got back from a party at the W, a trendy hotel here in SF. The beat was hot in the XYZ bar, the second floor home to alcohol in the W; one of the coolest bars in town. Hell, the bar changes colors, how awesome is that? The conference my Dad spoke at today had a party there to celebrate winning magazine of the year (check it out, the name of the magazine is ComputerWorld). The editor in chief, MaryFran, is a nice lady, we chilled with her and this 30 year old my Dad knows named Katie. She was cool too, everyone thought I was a college kid, but whatever. I would have fit right in with the 20 something year olds who talked about the exact same thing as girls my age would anyway, like roommates and orgasms and other high school stuff which I was surprised yet expected to hear in a trendy bar in San Francisco on a Thursday night. Whatever, the bar was open and free, my kind of place. Also they had free food (dumplings and other hors d'oeuvres), which turned out to be quite a blessing. Dumplings must be the most misleading food in the world, because while the name dumplings, along with the appearance of dumplings are horribly unattractive, they are quite a pleasing food. The irony of the Chinese. Anyway, I forgot to explain how an LL Cool J CD got into the player here in my room...They were giving them out at the party since the theme of the bash was J-related. On the back cover they even make a list of similarities between the old-school rapper and ComputerWorld. Funny stuff. The party was even called "Don't call it a comeback", alluding to an LL Cool J song. On the table along with the CD they were giving out pimp necklaces with big money signs and stuff on them. The line of the night goes to the waiter who answered my "where's the bathroom" query. His reply: "Right there on the left, next to the bling bling table." Priceless.

P.S. I'd like to know if the readers think we should consider going back to Ask Madden, or keep up Wing Night. Add some extra sauce and lemme know what you think.