Saturday, August 07, 2004

Azkaban

What up. Damn I walked a whole lot today, and my feet feel like Mike Tyson last week. Man he got his butt whooped. Anyway I started off my day with a terrific trip to the top of Coit tower. The tower is shaped like a fire hose nozzle, but resembles other things as well. It's a monument erected (clever choice of words here) to honor firefighters who.....Wait I mentioned this yesterday right? Well instead of finding the bus we decided to climb the steps to the tower (since its on the biggest hill in the city, which coincidentally is full of hills). 424 steps later we stood at the foot of the tower, where it was either more steps, or an elevator (guess what we picked). Great view. From the top you could see the whole bay, except Alcatraz, which was covered in a mysterious fog (ooooooooo). Our next stop was pier 45, where we got on a boat and sailed off to Alcatraz itself, also known as 'The Rock'. It has a creepy presence, but the history of the place made walking around the island very fun. After much walking and exhaustion we wound up very tired, and walked about the piers till we decided to head back to the hotel. Here we sit, my dad sound asleep in a chair, and I quietly blogging in the background. Dinner after a long needed nap. I'll leave on this note... San Francisco is most certainly a very accepting community. Besides the abundance of heart statues (all painted differently, apparently some sort of theme here in SF), I saw an ad in the trolley today which cracked me up. It was an advertisement for a store called 'Gay Pride' reading: "My Dad went to Gay Pride, and all I got was another Dad". Funny stuff.