Thursday, October 21, 2004

Before These Crowded Streets

Here stood my dreaming tree, but God knows whets left of the dreams I once dreamed when that song played in my room. Everything is going in fast motion I fear, and I don't want it to. If I could freeze frame this moment, where everything feels perfect and I have good friends and a good life I would in a heartbeat. But it all moves and soon it will fade away, I just hope that when the time goes the friends stay. Especially Morgan. She means so much to much I can't imagine what could happen if I lost her. College is a burden in so many ways. Stress is hard. I only hope that life has more in store for me, too many times I hear about the all around guy who did so much in high school and washed out in the real world. I fear that fate. This is hard for me to admit to some. With all this going on I feel like there is no time to stop and reflect, write a song, think of an amusing thing that happened today and laugh about it. Everything is perpetual motion and while hopeful its also disheartening. I hate the idea that everything we do will from the moment we do it begin to diminish to nothing. And I hate the idea that relationships can change in an instant. I didn't mean for this to be an emotional post, (actually it was going to be the narration of a battle between the science and social studies departments....) but I feel down right now. Even Taco Bell and Family Guy only mildly brought up my spirits. To anyone and everyone who is a part of my life, I hope you know that you all make the day a bit brighter. Even Jordon, sometimes, a little, well, I'll think about him. And Morgan, I hope you know how much you mean to me. That's it for now.