Thursday, June 02, 2005

Favorite book(s) EVER: The Outsiders, Wonder, Stiff, Why Girls Are Weird
Favorite book that you had to read in highschool: Hmm. Well, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius was summer reading. I also liked Dubliners a lot this year, since I like short stories that appeal to the senses. (Funny how that's the one book Schneid didn't teach on his own. I'm so bitter.)
Favorite book you had to read in ALL of your schooling. A Wrinkle in Time, The Outsiders.
Book that you actually wished you HAD read (either it wasn't assigned or you did Sparknotes, or the like): Catch-22 (I read most of it but didn't finish). Also, I feel guilty now for not reading much of what Johnsmeyer assigned because I do the same for Schneid and I don't think she deserves the same treatment as him.
Book that you've reread the most: The Outsiders, Why Girls are Weird, The Witch's Handbook (Which I took out of my library soooo many times when I was younger, but I never had the sense to buy. It got me through a lot of nerdy summers.)
and anything else that anyone feels like answering: I like nonfiction better than fiction, go figure. I especially like funny or generally well-written essays and "words about words" type stuff (i.e. Writing on linguistics, the entemology, grammar, slang, etc). Right now I'm reading Me Talk Pretty One Day, by David Sedaris, and I'm slightly disappointed, but I've only read the first few essays, so maybe there are better ones.

P.S. I took the liberty of fixing your fonts, Karen. :-D