Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Bush vs. Kerry: Tickets now on sale!

What up. It feels good to finally be back in New York. Now that I'm home I have some concerns to voice. I think everyone needs to chill with the extreme views on both Bush and Kerry. On one side, Bush is not the evil money grabbing oil tycoon mass murderer as everyone on the loony left is claiming. If extreme liberal Michael Moore is to become the ultimate authority on the truth, then I am deporting myself to England. While I'm sure some of his movie was somewhat close to the truth, his 'facts' do not convince me. How can you listen to someone so totally bias in everything they say? Its difficult for me to believe he didn't tilt a little left with some of the material. So give Bush a break, everything he does from a round of golf to important speeches seems to upset everyone so much. Everyone says he talks stupid, yeah well he has a pretty damn good education, no doubt about that. But enough with criticisms of the Liberals, the Conservative side has its many issues as well. John Kerry is not a criminal who stole a Vietnam record, Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. He served his time, so give it a rest. He saved a life. He was brave. I do agree with looking further into his record only for the fact that he made an integral part of his campaign beefing up his heroism, but stop the slander for crying out loud. This is a political race, not a finger pointing who-sucks-more-a-thon. This election is almost as bad as the Miller/Budweiser commercial war. Is Kerry a flip flopper? Yes. Does Bush has some severe sentence structure issues? Yes. Does Kerry look like Herman Muenster? Yes. Does Bush not give a shit about the UN? Yes. Does Kerry have some very unclear plans? Yes. Each candidate has their flaws. The country seems to forget that NO ONE is perfect. What I personally would like to see is not another Bush is ruining our lives article or another Kerry said this last week and now says this article. How about a side by side comparison? Personally the debate (there will be one right?) will settle this election for me. Until then if all I read is about how evil Bush is or about how weak Kerry is, I'll remain for Bush. And this is why: A) I think everything Michael Moore says is crap and B) The terrorists know that Bush will come after them without the support of everyone in the UN and without a thought. I'll just be glad when this election is over and we stop fighting like this is sports or something. Despite our efforts, we are still susceptible to attack. And being divided into blue and red isn't going to help us unite against the terrorists. They are, after all, the biggest block to World Peace right now. I don't care who does is, Bush, Kerry, Nader....I would just like to see terrorism end, and the world lose its need for fighting. Imagine all the people, living in peace. Good old John Lenon. Man he would've hated Bush.