Thursday, November 18, 2004

Ok, I have limited time, but I didn't want to be a slacker my first Thursday here.

Superheroes. Not a topic I am particularly well-read on, but I wasn't particularly well-read on any of the books in AP English either. So. I'd like to write about female superheroes. Or, more precisely, the lack of adequate ones. Female superheroes are just not my cup of tea. I can't admire them because no matter how awesome their powers are, they seem to fall short. But I don't think it's completely their fault. Female superheroes are forced to not only handle their super lives and normal lives, but they also must be supermodels. You'd think that this would make them even more super, since they can save the world and look good doing it, but it doesn't because any world-saving that goes on is overshadowed by that skin tight body suit or those...well, you get the point. This is unfair. It isn't a requirement that male superheroes are hot--hell, a lot of them wear masks! I don't know, maybe I'm just not familiar enough with superheroes to know a better female one. Any suggestions?