Thursday, January 20, 2005

I wish......You'd stop that.

Sorry, a little into the woods humor. "I'm so funny." - Mr. Schneider. Ok enough is enough, back to the topic at hand: Pet Peeves. The first one is people who try too hard to be labeled as "cool". Furthermore, I hate labels. When someone is called 'emo' I twinge. Also the words 'preppie', 'gangsta', 'jock', 'nerd', and other such labels are a load of self indulgent crap. I have no idea what the purpose of any of these labels are except to denote the obvious genre of music one listens to. Or doesn't listen to. Man I have a whole lot of pet peeves. I dislike people who can't read music and claim to be the best musicians, I dislike people who wear comb-overs and think its stylish, I hate fashion statements that make the phrase "fashion police" seem more pertinent. Oh, and at the top of my list, I hate homework. I despise, cross my fingers, pray against it, curse it's name, avoid it at all costs, never think about it, do it at school, cry, etc. Nothing makes my blood boil quite like the institution that takes 40 hours out of our week, 8 hours a day weekdays, giving us more time consuming work. Bullshit it helps us learn, if we didn't learn it at school well maybe you are cramming too much down our throats. Independent study maybe, but the validity of homework is zero to me. I hate it, I will always hate it, and I avoid it unless graded or I feel its beneficial to me. It will always be my biggest pet peeve. I hope it dies. If I am ever president, my first act will be to ban homework. That is all. Vote Joefi.