Thursday, January 13, 2005

Nothing to Fear but Fear Itself.... And the Bogeyman.

Don't worry Liz, the topic is decided. Well, I'm not really afraid of many things (like rhinos or ghosts or broccoli), I'm more afraid of situations. I am terrified of looking dumb onstage or in front of a crowd, ironic since I am very comfortable onstage. I'm also scared of drowning, although I love swimming and have no fear of water. I have ironic fears I guess. You know what I'm afraid of? The awkward moment when you are tutoring and you think the parents are judging you. I know, I know, they are protective and whatnot, but I still get shivers during those awkward moments where you know they are sizing you up. Almost makes me want to never tutor again, but I like money. Plus newer tutoring kid is a drummer, mad chill. But wow I got kind of off topic. Oh well. I use to have to close my closet at night or I couldn't sleep. I don't really know why, I didn't think the bogeyman would come out, but I was definitely afraid of an open closet in my dark room. Silly younger Joefi. I also was deathly afraid of splinters, so much that I use to wear gloves whenever I went on the big toy(The former playground of Thiells Elementary, completely wooden, now completely destroyed by that flood a few years ago). But those things don't really scare me now. I was afraid of bees for a while because I thought I would die if one stung me, since I have no idea what I'm allergic to, and that could have been it. But I got stung this year and lived, so I'm cool with bees. Speaking of bees and Thiells, we use to have a bee hunting club where we would hunt bees and kill them, cause when you're little you do pretend brave stuff like that to be cool. "There were so many fewer questions when stars were just the holes to heaven." - Jack Johnson