Friday, August 13, 2004

Horseshoes and The Election

What up. Two items, first of which is NEW news. The very esteemed Piccadilly International Shoe Showdown, the finest Horseshoe league this side of the Hudson, will be hosting a tournament for all those who think they can be a champ. Coming soon to a town you live in, the first annual-or-so Hawaiian Mambo Festival, where the best of the best come to compete for guts, glory, and eternal horseshoe fame. To sign up for a practice qualifying round talk to one of the already established professional players: Adam "Freethrow" Yudman, Joefi "Airball" Puglisi, and Mark "Ringman" Turner, who currently holds the league record for most hooks. Let me tell you, this is no joke, what an action packed intense game. Yikes.
Second order of business, a few comments on my election stuff post didn't fit in the comment box. So here they are (with slightly edited spellings):

Karen said: "I really don't know anything about politics. I hate people that go around acting like they do, bashing Bush and this and that just because their parents do. So I'm not going to pretend I know what I'm talking about. But with the little knowledge I do possess on this topic, I will say that I agree with Joe on most of his points, maybe on even all of them. But I'm too lazy to back and re-read his post to check., I personally plan to get fully informed before the election so I can make an educated vote. As it stand now, I believe I am voting for Bush. If I had my way some other guy would be running for president and I'd vote for him. I think that Bush is too conservative, and Kerry too liberal to be president. We need someone in the middle. I disagree with Bush on the gay marriage amendment and the abortion issue, for example. And I disagree with Kerry on supporting increase of welfare and affirmative action. Each supports things I both disagree and agree with. Bush pisses me off because he can't speak correctly, but he gets way too much shit for that. After all, JFK did say "Nuleacor" instead of nuclear in a speech, or something along those lines. And yes, Kerry hasn't set any real goals or more a decisive stance on anything. So really, who the fuck knows."

Damn, she had a butt load to say. Finally (free of edit, because I didn't have to retype this one):

Mark said: "I agree with Adam, on the gay marriages and for abortion. Even though I am brought up in a "church community" but Im not catholic so Fuck the POPE. ok continuing on, most of the anti-american sentiment in foriegn countries are actually Anti-Bush, I feel that if Kerry is elected some of these negative feelings will cease, depending on his performace. And the middle east will always hate us regardless of who is in power. As for Bert, Im glad you can't vote bc although i plan on voting for Kerry, Bush is trying to do the best that he can and people immediately disagree with it bc of his past experiences and you're dumb. I think Everyone has seen Black Bush on The Chappelle's Show, and yes Bush used to do drugs, but if Kerry was opposed to the Vietnam war, he was probably labelled a Hippie although he was a vet, and he too most likely did drugs. It was part of that era. Joe im Glad that you chose a very intellectual topic and have educated yourself, probably better than most of the people who will be eligible to vote this fall. Bc although i plan on voting for Kerry most people dont realize the trasition period when he takes office will be very crucial to how his term will flow. I am anxious to see whom he will put on his cabinet, bc truthfully i think that Bush's main problem is the members of his cabinet. I, personally feel he should have chosen better. Damn thats long."

Indeed. Well two more views for the books. Keep it locked here at Wing Night, where wings are however you want them, beer is abundant, and the bar is open all night. As Mr Powers would say, rock on. Oh and Mark won the where the f*** is this from contest, so he gets a post about him, written by me. Look out for that.